|author||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-06-18 13:53:44 +0200|
|committer||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-06-18 13:55:40 +0200|
vf_dlopen: remove this filter
It was an attempt to move some MPlayer filters (which were removed from mpv) to external, loadable filters. That worked well, but then the MPlayer filters were ported to libavfilter (independently), so they're available again. Also there is a more widely supported and more advanced loadable filter system supported by mpv: vapoursynth. In conclusion, vf_dlopen is not useful anymore, confusing, and requires quite a bit of code (and probably wouldn't survive the rewrite of the mpv video filter chain, which has to come at some point). It has some implicit dependencies on internal conventions, like possibly the format names dropped in the previous commit. We also deprecated it last release. Drop it.
Diffstat (limited to 'DOCS')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 23 deletions
diff --git a/DOCS/man/vf.rst b/DOCS/man/vf.rst
index 64e5c0c0cd..c7f4c84d0a 100644
@@ -642,29 +642,6 @@ Available mpv-only filters are:
size of the filter in percent of the image diagonal size. This is
used to calculate the final radius size (default: 1).
- Loads an external library to filter the image. The library interface
- is the ``vf_dlopen`` interface specified using ``libmpcodecs/vf_dlopen.h``.
- .. warning:: This filter is deprecated.
- Specify the library to load. This may require a full file system path
- in some cases. This argument is required.
- Specify the first parameter to pass to the library.
- Specify the second parameter to pass to the library.
- Specify the third parameter to pass to the library.
- Specify the fourth parameter to pass to the library.
Loads a VapourSynth filter script. This is intended for streamed
processing: mpv actually provides a source filter, instead of using a