Diffstat (limited to 'DOCS/man/options.rst')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/DOCS/man/options.rst b/DOCS/man/options.rst
index eaa2ad6449..0e2dbf78f0 100644
@@ -689,14 +689,17 @@ Video
affect this additionally. This can give incorrect results even with
completely ordinary video sources.
- ``cuda`` is usually safe. Interlaced content will be weaved by the
- decoder, and it may not be possible for a deinterlacing filter to
- do anything useful with this. 10bit HEVC is currently not
- supported but maybe we can add support after CUDA 8 is released (and
- it will be rounded down to 8 bits).
- ``cuda-copy`` has the same limitations as ``cuda`` - particularly
- its handling of deinterlacing.
+ ``cuda`` is usually safe. Interlaced content can be deinterlaced by
+ the decoder, which is useful as there is no other deinterlacing
+ mechanism in the opengl output path. To use this deinterlacing you
+ must pass the option: ``vd-lavc-o=deint=[weave|bob|adaptive]``. Pass
+ ``weave`` to not attempt any deinterlacing.
+ 10bit HEVC is currently not supported but maybe we can add support
+ after CUDA 8 is released (and it will be rounded down to 8 bits).
+ ``cuda-copy`` has the same behaviour as ``cuda`` - including the ability
+ to deinterlace inside the decoder. However, traditional deinterlacing
+ filters can be used in this case.
All other methods, in particular the copy-back methods (like
``dxva2-copy`` etc.) are either fully safe, or not worse than software