Diffstat (limited to 'DOCS/man/encode.rst')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 33 deletions
diff --git a/DOCS/man/encode.rst b/DOCS/man/encode.rst
index 73c1b6b35c..4c885ea168 100644
@@ -24,32 +24,6 @@ You can encode files from one format/codec to another using this facility.
Completely empties the options list.
- Specifies the output format time base (default: 24000). Low values like 25
- limit video fps by dropping frames.
- Sets the output format time base to the guessed frame rate of the input
- video (simulates MEncoder behavior, useful for AVI; may cause frame drops).
- Note that not all codecs and not all formats support VFR encoding, and some
- which do have bugs when a target bitrate is specified - use ``--ofps`` or
- ``--oautofps`` to force CFR encoding in these cases.
- Specifies the minimum distance of adjacent frames (default: 0, which means
- unset). Content of lower frame rate is not readjusted to this frame rate;
- content of higher frame rate is decimated to this frame rate.
- If set, the frame rate given by ``--ofps`` is attained not by skipping time
- codes, but by duplicating frames (constant frame rate mode).
- If set, frames are never dropped. Instead, time codes of video are
- readjusted to always increase. This may cause AV desync, though; to work
- around this, use a high-fps time base using ``--ofps`` and absolutely
- avoid ``--oautofps``.
Specifies the output audio codec. See ``--oac=help`` for a full list of
@@ -113,13 +87,6 @@ You can encode files from one format/codec to another using this facility.
Force the video stream to become the first stream in the output.
By default, the order is unspecified. Deprecated.
- Copies input pts to the output video (not supported by some output
- container formats, e.g. AVI). Discontinuities are still fixed.
- By default, audio pts are set to playback time and video pts are
- synchronized to match audio pts, as some output formats do not support
- anything else.
Copies input pts to the output video (not supported by some output
container formats, e.g. AVI). In this mode, discontinuities are not fixed