|author||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-05-05 06:53:23 +0200|
|committer||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-05-05 06:53:23 +0200|
msg.c/h: partially change license to LGPL
msg.c is "partial" due to "michael", whose work can be changed to LGPL only once the core is LGPL. It's explained in the Copyright file. I prefer to do the relicensing incrementally (due to the overwhelming workload). Changing the license before that happens would be legally questionable, but nothing can stop us from essentially marking it as "will be LGPL". All authors have agreed to LGPL, with the following exceptions: 9df11ee8bf: the author (probably) didn't agree, but the line that is added is later fully removed. 35e90f1556: was not asked, but all iconv code was 100% removed from the mp_msg mechanism (we alwas require UTF-8 now). 4e4f3f806e: the change by michael. 50a86fcc34: the identify variable was move, and completely removed the latest in commit 48bd03dd91232. 1f6c494641: did not agree, but due to a major mp_msg change the added line became unnecessary and was removed. da63498bf9: was not reachable, but the MPlayer GUI is gone from mpv anyway (also commit fc4d6e617d8d removed these specific additions a long time ago).
Diffstat (limited to 'common')
2 files changed, 9 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/common/msg.c b/common/msg.c
index 6d70f88db3..875d933822 100644
@@ -13,6 +13,8 @@
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
* with mpv. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
+ * Almost LGPL.
diff --git a/common/msg.h b/common/msg.h
index 9789ba988c..21228870f4 100644
@@ -1,18 +1,18 @@
* This file is part of mpv.
- * mpv is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
- * (at your option) any later version.
+ * mpv is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
+ * version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* mpv is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- * GNU General Public License for more details.
+ * GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
- * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
- * with mpv. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
+ * You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License along with mpv. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.