|author||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-06-20 15:36:49 +0200|
|committer||wm4 <wm4@nowhere>||2017-06-20 15:37:28 +0200|
audio/format: change license to LGPL
Although the origins lie somewhere in libaf, which was written by "anders" and who explicitly disagreed with the LGPL relicensing, we can change the license of these files, because all code was written by "alex", who agreed with the relicensing. The only things that remain from anders' code is the AF_FORMAT_ and af_ prefixes (see e.g. 66f4e563). It was alex who redid this file and added the format identifiers we have today (507121f7). It's also nice to see that alex actually claimed copyright on format.c (221a599f). In commit efb50cab even the bitmask concept (which anders introduced with his early af_format.c code) was removed, and essentially all lines and symbols by anders were dropped. To put it into perspective: the original af_format code was for converting actual sample data and relied on OSS sample format identifiers, mpv's format.c/h provides its own sample formats, but does not do any data conversion. Remove an now inaccurate comment from format.c (it somehow even survived the typo that was present in the original commit). Also remove most of the format.c include statements - most of them are technically anders' code. We keep limits.h though.
Diffstat (limited to 'audio/format.h')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/audio/format.h b/audio/format.h
index 3d5cc1024b..ace19da5e5 100644
@@ -1,22 +1,18 @@
- * The sample format system used lin libaf is based on bitmasks.
- * The format definition only refers to the storage format,
- * not the resolution.
* This file is part of mpv.
- * mpv is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
- * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
- * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
- * (at your option) any later version.
+ * mpv is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
+ * modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
+ * version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* mpv is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
- * GNU General Public License for more details.
+ * GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
- * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
- * with mpv. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
+ * You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
+ * License along with mpv. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.